In this article we will be discussing some of the top free email service providers and how you can create an email account with each of them. Creating an email account is very simple and anyone should be able to do this after reading this tutorial.
Email accounts serve many purposes for us today, the main reason for this is because it allows us to easily communicate with friends or family no matter where they are, emails are used from everyday people to heads of corporate companies.
Gmail Offers a Robust Email Platform
Gmail is a Google service where we can create a free e-mail account and have more than 15 GB (15,000 MB) free space in your inbox. The first thing to do is to access the site, without having to remember specific URLs and links, all you have to do is go directly to the search engine Google and in the top right, click on the Gmail option. Here is how you can create a Gmail account:
- Once on the website click on “Create an account”. Now we will be shown a new page with a registration form, you will now proceed to fill in the boxes. This is where you will begin to create your account easily and efficiently.
- In the “Name” section, you will need to fill out your first and last name.
- In the “Username” section you will need to create your email address, if your username is not available, you can try other combinations until you find one that is free and then you can register.
- In the password section it is recommend to have a combination of letters (uppercase and lowercase) and numbers, the password must be at least 8 characters. You should also avoid using common words, for example a good password would be something like: din637pcs502.
- When you sign up for an account, you will need to enter a Captcha, the reason for this is to prove you are not a robot. You also need to accept Google’s terms of service as well. It is recommended you read the terms and services although you don’t have to because they are quite long.
Unlimited Email Storage Capacity With the Yahoo! Email Platform
Yahoo! Mail is a free email service offered by Yahoo.com that offers an unlimited storage capacity and free 100 MB attachments. In this article, we are going to into detail, step by step how you can create an email account if you are interested in Yahoo.
- Go to the home page of Yahoo! Once there, click on “Mail” and then “Sign up” to start the process of making a new account, once there you will need to fill out some information such as your name, date of birth and then choose a username and password as well.
- Complete all of the fields by entering your personal data.
- Choose the type of account you want, for example: @yahoo.com or @rocketmail.com. Once you do this, click Create Account at the bottom of the page.
- In the the next window, click “Send SMS” then enter the verification code that was sent to your phone and click on the Send button once you have entered the code.
AOL Offers an Easy to Use Email Service
AOL is a free email service that provides an easy to use platform for anyone that wants to use it. The main advantage of using AOL is that you no longer have to be an AOL member to access the email functions, which is a very nice option for anyone looking for a new email service. Here is how you can easily create an AOL email account:
- The first thing you want to do is access the AOL website. Where it says “desired screen name” this will be your email address, if the email address that you want is not available try other combinations and click on “Check Availability” to find one that is free and then register it.
- In the password section it is recommended that you create a combination of letters (uppercase and lowercase) and use numbers as well. The password should be at least 8 characters and should include some symbols as well.
Inbox – a Free Email Service With Plenty of Storage
Inbox is a free email service and it also includes plenty of space as well. Inbox offers 5 GB of free space for all your emailing needs. This is a nice feature because many email services make you pay for that much space. Here is how you can create an email account with Inbox:
- Access the Inbox website, once you do this, you will need to select “Create Account” and you will then see a form that you need to fill out.
- You need to enter your first and last name as well as choose an email username.
- It is important too that you choose a strong password that will keep your account secure.
Hotmail Provides a Secure Way to Email Friends & Family
Hotmail is a email service that is provided by Microsoft, this is a trusted platform for emailing because it allows you send emails to anyone knowing that your information is safe and secure. This email service is also free as well, so this an added bonus. Here is how to create a Hotmail account for free:
- Go to the Hotmail website. And then click ‘Sign up now’.
- Fill in the blank form with the safety data that is required to create an email account, for example, the username you want to choose and password.
- If the address you want is already in use, you should try another, Hotmail will suggest some possible alternatives. Once doing this, you will have access to your account.
- Choosing an appropriate password is extremely important as well, you should create a password that has numbers, upper case and lower case letters and possibly some symbols as well.
Spam Protection and Mobile Device Support With Mail.com
Mail.com is an email platform that allows you to send emails from your mobile device no matter where you are as long as you have internet. This service is also nice because it has unlimited storage and spam protection as well. Follow these simple steps to create a Mail.com account:
- Go to the Mail.com website
- Once you arrive at the website, click on “Create Account” and you will then be given a form for you to fill out.
- This form is for you to enter your name, number, date of birth, past emails (if you have any) and your username and password.
- If you choose a username that already exists, don’t worry, you can still find others that are similar as well, Mail.com will also suggest some alternative email addresses.
- Once you enter all this information you will be able to start sending and receiving emails.
Use Your Free Email
In conclusion, we hope that this article helped you to create your email account. As you can see, it is not too hard and there are many options available in the world of email services. Once you have created your email, you will now be able to send and receive emails without any problems.